You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Remembering the Whale Experiment - Thinking About Distribution

A fun thought experiment I like to play out, is if SteemIt, Inc. Delegated 10k-40k to MANY active curators for short periods of time - 6 months or less, we would have more active stake rewarding more content.

This was an idea I talked about with some of my local communities before as we were talking about people that Steem InC delegated before like sweetsjjj, surpassinggoogle, and dapps like Dmania and Steempress.

The whole reputation thing of Steem is broken, I had one user who wrote how to have reputation 60 and 1k followers in a month which was about self voting, botting and doing 4-5 posts a day which is botted 5 SBD a piece before and he had about 65 rep at that time and people followed his advice and was generating posts copies from a Marvel Wiki.

Having a healthy middle class and an engaged community is key to the success of the platform while everyone else waits for the SMT Unicorn to start. I think SMT will do well once people see it successful but at this moment we need to spread out that SP.

We have a lot of new dapps that are getting delegation and is helpful i getting some votes out. So this trend is helpful.

Maybe Steem inc might listen to you about this.

Sort:  

I don't think SteemIt Inc knows I am alive. :) But it is fun to consider, I also suspect they wouldn't be the only ones to think it is a terrible idea.

Someone who has been here for a while has to be the one who convinces the witnesses to talk to steem inc to re-organize the delegated stake from steemit.. sweetsjjj might get people to this platform with her huge post payouts but those people never stay when they realize that is false advertisement.. her money comes from self votes and circle jerks and until we can figure out a new way to help minnows and redfish we will continue to loose more followers than we gain..

Steem is hard. It isn't for everyone. I do agree we will likely never have a great distribution.

Sweetsssj and some others received a lot of support from SteemIt Inc. They held too much for too long in my opinion and mostly used it for personal gains.

While it was annoying to watch it wasn't my stake.

I remember one game that Spiritual max did before when he was collecting Steem people to immortalize in his cards.

There was a comparison made between Surpassinggoogle and Sweetsjjj in terms of their voting behavior and in a week SG was doing over 1000 unique accounts votes as opposed to Sweets 75 unique account.

I remember this because I was still active in Asher's League of Engagement and I was doing over 300 unique accounts at that time.

She was at the time in the top 5 of the highest vote value in the platform.

It really made people think what was the basis of Steem Inc in choosing the people that they delegate to.